Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Review


I was in CVS one day and I ran into a display filled with the Sally Hansen Salon Effects and I immediately wanted to try them. When I brought them to the register, I discovered that they were over $10 and that is way to much for nail polish that can only be used once. When I shopped around I found Walmart had them for HALF the price! So I went head and tried out the zebra stripped. 





So here is my Review on the product:
Good-
  • Very easy to apply, takes approx. 10 minutes overall
  • No drying time. There ready to go immediately
  • Different shapes available for different nails; not one size fits all
  • Great patterns and lots of choices
  • Looks professional
  • Does not chip
Bad-
  • Way over priced for a once time manicure
  • Started to stick in my hair from the bottom of the nail after it began to grow out (about 3-4 days after application)

I really did like this product however I will not be purchasing it again. I personally would rather spend the same amount of money on a nail polish that I could use more than once rather than this just one time. I also was not able to wear it for longer than a week because of the sticking in my hair, which to me, is not getting my moneys worth.

Overall the good does out weight the bad and this is a great product that everyone should try out if you dont mind spending the money. 

3 comments:

  1. It looks really pretty, Im happy you said they were easy to apply as I brought the lace pack (it was on sale) and I have not tried it yet. I have been waiting for my nails to behave and grow a little longer..

    Stay tuned for my thoughts on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh they look really cute:) id love for you to have a look at my mac lipstick giveaway and enter! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing, i need to try them out.

    ReplyDelete